- Banana – Bananas are very rich in fast-acting carbohydrates that will provide you with usable fuel for a workout, and the supply of potassium aids in maintaining muscle and nerve function.
- Oats – Oats are full of fiber, which means they gradually release carbohydrates into your bloodstream. This steady stream keeps your energy levels consistent during your workout. Oats also contain B vitamins, which help convert carbohydrates into energy. Help yourself to one cup at least 30 minutes before you begin exercising.
- Fruit and Yogurt – Fruit is high in carbohydrates and Greek yogurt is packed with high-quality protein.
- Fruit Smoothies – Fruit smoothies are an awesome pre-workout snack because they have high-quality protein, can be rapidly digested, and have the key combination of simple and complex carbohydrates.
- Egg Whites – The fat in egg yolks is metabolized slowly and therefore is likely to make you feel bloated and sluggish during your workout, so egg whites are a much better pre-workout option. A single egg white provides around 4 grams of protein and no fat.
- Whole Grain Toast – Whole Grain Toast are packed with fiber, providing slow-release, sustained energy throughout the duration of a workout. Topping it off with some jam will provide you with fast-acting simple carbohydrates. Or, you can follow the recipe pictured and add greek yogurt, pistachios, and honey.
- Blueberries – Berries have a lower glycemic index than other fruits and will therefore not cause such a dramatic spike in your blood glucose levels. They are also very high in antioxidants which will help to repair free radical damage caused by exercise.
- Nuts – If you are looking to lose body fat, avoid fruit before you train as this has a negative effect. Avoid low-fat foods and if you can’t pronounce the ingredients on what you’re eating, don’t eat it! Nuts are wonderful sources of healthy fats that help your body maintain the blood sugar level stable for long periods. Before a workout, they are great with an organic espresso. Think organic almonds or a few macadamia nuts
Free Shipping. Free Returns.
Less stress, more sweat.